Crazy Beauty Tricks and Tips
‘m a girl who is willing to try almost any new beauty tip to see if it’s all its cracked up to be, so when these came across my desk, I had to share. From tea bags to liqui-gels, saving a few bucks to look more beautiful can sometimes be worth the risk.
1. Did you know hydrogen peroxide can lighten your hair? Yes, it can. Cheap highlights, anyone? Dilute the hydrogen peroxide so the solution is 50% peroxide and 50% water. Spray the solution on wet hair to create subtle, natural highlights.
2. Advil Liqui-Gels can cure that unsightly pimple. Apparently makeup artists use this all the time on models backstage at fashion shows,, but I’ve never heard of it before now. Open up an Advil gel cap and apply it right onto the pimple, which will reduce the swelling.
3. Makeup can last all day by using cornstarch as makeup protector. mix it with a bit of foundation and your face stays dry and non greasy all day.
4. Tea bags contain the power to fight viral and bacterial infections and can help reduce inflammation. Put a moist green or black teabag on swollen, puffy eyelids for several minutes-just make sure to moisten it with cool water first.
5. Jell-O isn’t just for Bill Cosby, folks. It’s also for exfoliating your face! Add 1/2 teaspoon of cornmeal to 1/2 teaspoon of powdered gelatin to form a mixture. Wet your face and rub the mixture in gently. Wash with warm water and follow with your usual cleansing routine.
6. Fake tan with black tea. This one sounds the most unusual to me, but bloggers promise it’s the poor girl’s answer to Mystic Tan. Boil a pot of water and add tea bags to steep for 15 minutes. The tea should be dark in color by this time. Make sure skin is dry and lotion/sweat-free, then use either a sponge or spray bottle to apply. If using a sponge, wipe the tea all over your body. If using a spray bottle, fill it with tea and spray evenly. Air dry and apply more coats until you reach the shade you desire.
7. Legs won’t tan? Mine either. Make an at-home bronzer lotion by mixing cocoa powder and lotion.