Christmas in July: Holiday Money Jar DIY
ne of the things that I love about style is that it can be anything. Style is really defined as the process of creating something or the prevailing mode of expression. Many people have great style because of who they are, not necessarily what they wear or how they wear it.
When I heard about this wonderful idea of sharing for the holidays, I immediately wanted to share it with you now. In July. Yes, the holidays are quite a ways off, and most of us are thinking more about what to pack for the pool than decorating the tree, but it brings to mind the warm, fuzzy feeling I used to get as a kid when our church would do a “Christmas in July” gift drive to provide for those in need. I love that this idea is similar in spirit.
Want to create your own jar now to have ready by December? Here are some helpful tips from So Crafty.
- Take a jar – pickle, mayonnaise, canning. Anything will work, really.
- Wash it out.
- Throughout the year drop in your spare change.
- Once it is in the jar, don’t touch it.
- Let the change add up over the course of a year.
- During the holiday season, find someone to give it to anonymously.
- You may want to add a note about the tradition of the Christmas or Holiday Jar.
If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, then I wouldn’t mind anyone copying this style one bit. Happy Holidays!
|-Hilary Kennedy is a contributing author for www.youplusdallas.com, focusing primarily on Style, Arts and Entertainment, and Dating and Relationships. Hilary also stars in many videos for YouPlusMedia and has her own show, The Hilary Kennedy Show.|