You Can Do….Turquoise Walls
urquoise walls, you say? Isn’t that a bit much? Well, they aren’t exactly Martha Stewart’s eggshell white, but they definitely make a room stand out. (In a good way, mind you.) There are two schools of thought when it comes to brightly colored walls:
1. Keep the rest of the room more neutral and muted.
2. Go nuts with color and make it bold and beautiful.
Which is better? You decide.
A few notes about decorating with this color:
- If you use a lighter aqua or turquoise and pair it with white or ivory, it can have a very beachy feel. Add a few random shells and gauzy drapes and you’re practically in the Virgin Islands.
- Turquoise isn’t primarily a feminine color. Paired with shades of brown and gray, this color can be more masculine.
- Unless you’re a true free spirit, save the truly bright turquoise for kid’s rooms and play rooms. Muted shades of turquoise work best for more adult rooms.
- This color can be paired with a vast array of complimentary colors. Try several and see which you like best!