Bacon Double Cheese Burger Dip For The Big Game
‘ll freely admit that I’m much more interested in the food being served on “Big Game Sunday” than the teams on the field. It’s basically a day of appetizers and drinks-what could be better? If you find yourself hosting a party, invited to one, or just wanting to fix something yummy while you eagerly anticipate commercial breaks, I recommend this Bacon Double Cheese Burger Dip. It’s not a low-cal option, so don’t blame me when you become addicted to the rich, cheesy goodness.
Bacon Double Cheese Burger Dip (courtesy of Closet Cooking)
A hot cheesy baked dip with all of the flavours of a bacon double cheese burger that makes for some great game day snacking!
Servings: makes 4+ servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour Printable Recipe
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 6 strips bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoon ketchup
- Cook the ground beef in a pan over medium heat, set it aside and drain the grease from the pan.
- Cook the bacon in the pan until crispy, about 6-10 minutes, set aside and drain all but a tablespoon of the grease.
- Add the onion and saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
- Mix the ground beef, bacon, cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, mozzarella, cheddar, worcestershire sauce and ketchup and pour it into a baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven until the top starts turning a light golden brown and then sides are bubbling, about 20-30 minutes.
*I recommend bread rounds, baguettes, or good old fashioned chips for dipping!