You+Media Respects Your Privacy.
Our Commitment To Privacy:
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
The Information You+Media Collect:
- This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on the Site. We collect some personal information about the author of the videos and/or other content on the Site. This information is limited to your name, email and IP address at the time you send a media file to us. Other information such as your phone number and address is not collected.
- If you decide to post a message in one of our forums, on the video comments section and/or any other public area of the Site, again, the only information collected is your name, email (if provided) and IP address at the time of submission.
- When you visit the Site, you provide us with two types of information: personal information you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected by us and Site use information collected by us as you interact with our Site. You may provide us with information by such things as uploading videos, posting messages in our forums or in the video comments section, entering contests or sweepstakes, taking advantage of promotions, responding to surveys or subscribing to newsletters or other mailing lists.
- When you register with the Site, you provide us with certain personal information, including but not limited to your name, your email address, your telephone number, your address, your gender, and any other personal or preference information that you may provide to us.
- When you enter the Site, we collect your browser type and IP address. This information is generally gathered for all You+Media visitors. In addition, we store certain information from your browser using “cookies.” A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s computer tied to information about the user. We use session ID cookies to confirm that users are logged in. These cookies terminate once the user closes the browser. By default, we use a persistent cookie that stores your login ID (but not your password) to make it easier for you to login when you come back to You+Media. You can remove or block this cookie using the settings in your browser if you want to disable this convenience feature.
- Log File Information: When you use the Site, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any Site. These server logs may include, but are not limited to, information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser language, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- Clear GIFs Information: When you use the Site, we may employ “clear GIFs” (a.k.a. Web Beacons) which are used to track the online usage patterns of our Users anonymously (i.e., in a non-personally-identifiable manner). In addition, we may also use clear GIFs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients.
- When you use the Site, you may set up your personal profile, form relationships, send messages, perform searches and queries, form groups, set up events, produce Shows, add applications and transmit information through various channels as these services are added to the Site. We collect this information so that we can provide you the service and offer personalized features. In most cases, we retain it so that, for instance, you can return to view prior messages you have sent or easily see your friend list.
- You post User Content on the Site at your own risk. Although we allow you to set privacy options that limit access to your pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of other Users with whom you may choose to share your pages and information. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that User Content you post on the Site will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site. You understand and acknowledge that, even after removal, copies of User Content may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other Users have copied or stored your User Content.
- Any improper collection or misuse of information provided on You+Media is a violation of the Terms of Service and should be reported immediately.
- If you choose to use our invitation service to tell a friend about our site or our sharing service for videos and similar items, we will ask you for information needed to send the invitation, such as your friend’s email address. If it is the invitation service, we will send your friend an email or instant message in your name inviting him or her to visit the site, and may send up to two reminders to them. If it is the sharing service, You+Media will add any email addresses that you share materials with to our database and those individuals may begin receiving You+Media emails. You+Media stores this information to send invitations and reminders, to register a friend connection if your invitation is accepted, to allow you to see invitations you have sent and to track the success of our referral program. Your friend may contact us to request that we remove this information from our database.
- You+Media may also collect information about you from other sources, such as newspapers, blogs and other Users of the You+Media service through the operation of the service (e.g., content tags) in order to provide you with more useful information and a more personalized experience.
- By using You+Media and the Service, you are consenting to have your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States.
The Way You+Media Uses Information:
- When you register with You+Media, you create your own profile and privacy settings. Your profile information, as well as your name, email and/or photo, are displayed to people in the networks specified in your privacy settings to enable you to connect with people on You+Media. We may occasionally use your name and email address to send you notifications regarding new services offered by You+Media that we think you may find valuable.
- Profile information is used by You+Media primarily to be presented back to and edited by you when you access the service and to be presented to others permitted to view that information by your privacy settings. In some cases where your privacy settings permit it (e.g., posting to your wall), other You+Media users may be able to supplement your profile.
- Profile information you submit to You+Media will be available to users of You+Media who belong to at least one of the Groups you allow to access the information through your privacy settings (e.g., school, geography, friends of friends). Your name, network names and profile picture thumbnail will be available in search results across the You+Media network and those limited pieces of information may be made available to third party search engines. This is primarily so your friends can find you and send a friend request.
- You+Media may send you service-related announcements from time to time through the general operation of the service. For instance, if a friend sends you a new message, or someone posts on your profile page, you may receive an email alerting you to that fact. Generally, you may opt out of such emails by clicking the Unsubscribe button at the bottom of any You+Media email, though You+Media reserves the right to send you notices about your account even if you opt out of all voluntary email notifications.
- You+Media may use information in your profile without identifying you as an individual to third parties. We do this for purposes such as aggregating how many people in a network like a band or movie and personalizing advertisements and promotions so that we can provide you You+Media. We believe this benefits you. You can know more about the world around you and, where there are advertisements, they’re more likely to be interesting to you. For example, if you put a favorite movie in your profile, we might serve you an advertisement highlighting a screening of a similar one in your town. But we don’t tell the movie company who you are.
- We may use information about you that we collect from other sources, including but not limited to newspapers and Internet sources such as blogs, instant messaging services, You+Media platform developers and other users of You+Media, to supplement your profile.
- Any personal information or video content that you voluntarily disclose online (on uploaded video and/or audio content, in comment areas, in messages and public areas such as Networks, Channels, Shows, and/or Groups areas, within your public profile page or other public areas) becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others. Your account name (not your email address) is displayed to other Users when you upload videos or send messages through the Site and other Users can contact you through messages and comments. Any videos that you submit to the Site may be redistributed through the Internet and other media channels and may be viewed by the general public.
- We use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, click stream data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of the Site and to create new features, promotions, functionality and services by storing, tracking and analyzing User preferences and trends.
When You+Media Discloses Information
- We may share your personally identifiable information (such as name or email address) if you are a registered User with third parties for their commercial or marketing use without further consent.
- We do share non-personally-identifiable information for all Users (such as anonymous User usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) for use in advertising by the You+Media and/or third parties and by and with third parties to assist them in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions and/or functionality on the Site.
- We may release personally identifiable information and/or non-personally-identifiable information if required to do so by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright Law) or respond to a court order, subpoena or search warrant.
- You+Media also reserves the right to disclose personally identifiable information and/or non-personally-identifiable information that You+Media believes, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, take precautions against liability, to investigate and defend itself against any third-party claims or allegations, to assist government enforcement agencies, to protect the security or integrity of our Site and to protect the rights, property or personal safety of You+Media, our Users or others.
You may, of course, decline to register as a User and submit personally identifiable information through the Site, in which case You+Media may not be able to provide certain services to you. You may update or correct your individual profile information and email preferences at any time by visiting your account profile page. Please note that media files uploaded by Users to the Site cannot be removed and remain subject to our Terms of Service. You may be able to opt out of certain communications from the You+Media and/or its partners.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you profile access or making corrections. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times.
Our Commitment to Data Security
You+Media uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to You+Media and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, You+Media makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, managerial and/or technical safeguards.
If You+Media learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. You+Media may post a notice on the Site if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us immediately.
Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, You+Media does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information or non-personally-identifiable information on the Site from persons under 13 years of age without the verified consent and permission of a parent or legal guardian. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the Site at any time or in any manner. If You+Media learns that personally identifiable information of persons under 13 years of age has been collected on the Site, then You+Media will take prompt and appropriate steps to delete this information. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections. You+Media recommends that minors over the age of 13 ask their parents for permission before sending any information about themselves to anyone via the Site and/or Service or otherwise over the Internet.
Special Note to International Users
The Site is hosted in the United States and is intended for and directed to Users in the United States. If you are a User accessing the Site from the European Union, Asia or any other country or region with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use and disclosure that differ from United States laws, please be advised that through your continued use of the Site, which is governed by U.S. law, this Privacy Notice and our Terms of Service, you are transferring your personal information to the United States and you consent to that transfer and the processing of same in the U.S.
In the Event of Merger, Sale or Bankruptcy
In the event that You+Media is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from our Users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors’ rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred or used.